Sivagangai district co-operative milk producer’s union Ltd., Karaikudi
- Sivagangai district co-operative milk producer’s union started and functioning from 1983.
- Sivagangai Union consists of Sivagangai & Ramanathapuram Revenue Districts. In which 332 societies are procuring milk from 12,318 milk producers’. Now the present procurement is 66,000 LPD.
- Sivagangai Union is having a Dairy with 50,000 LPD handling capacity at Karaikudi & Milk Chilling Centres at Sivagangai with a handling capacity of 10,000 LPD and 12 BMC’s with a handling capacity of 52,000 LPD at various places in two districts.
- Union engaging 32 Milk collection route contract vehicles for milk procurement on contract basis.
- Milk sale of the union are 37000 LPD, Excess milk of 24000 LPD being sent to federation.
- Milk product sales of the union are Rs.24.00 Lakhs per month.
- Union engaging 13 Milk distribution vehicles for milk sales on contract basis.
- At present 1 Hitech parlour is functioning and planned to start another 3 Hitech parlour in current year.
- 4 Aavin parlors are running successfully in government offices.
- Union selling milk products through 20 MPCS Parlors in Sivagangai and Ramanathapuram district.
- NADP doorstep veterinary services are provided through 10 veterinary units for the past 7 years to MPCS members. Moreover 1500 Cattles are insured with subsidy.
- Union provides Rs.2/- Per Kg as subsidy for cattle feed and Rs.20/- Per Kg as subsidy for mineral mixture for the welfare of the Milk producers.
- Union is earning profit.
- Milk cost payment to the producers paid once in 10 days without pending.
- The Sanctioned employees in the manpower chart were 132; presently 92 employees are working in the union.
- From December 2016 onwards for the welfare of employees Rs.1,91,215/- is being paid as pension and family pension for 66 retired employees.
- Union provides ½ Litre free milk for 66 retired employees.
Details of Estimated Scheme for Running Years:
- NABARD 2017-18,A project value for the worth of Rs.461.50 Lakhs is sanctioned for infrastructure development.
- Three Hi-Tech Parlours are proposed at the estimate of Rs. 100 Lakhs in Karaikudi, Sivagangai District & at Rameshwaram Ramnad District
VRD 793,Sivagangai District Co operative Milk Producers,union Limited.,AAVIN
O Siruvayal Road , Kazhanivasal,
Karaikudi – 2.
Phone : 04565255701/255702
Fax : 04565 -255700
Email : aaavinsgi[at]gmail[dot]com/aavin14kkd[at]gmail[dot]com