DISTRICT EMPLOYMENT AND CAREER GUIDANCE CENTRE
The services of Employment and Training Department were extended to general public by early 1948 which was earlier restricted to demobilized service personnel and discharged war workers after Second World War, through creation of Employment Exchanges. The present structure of the organisation and diversification of its functions in the field of Occupational Research, Vocational Guidance and Employment Market Information was based on the recommendation of Shivarao Committee in the year 1954.Subsequently, the erstwhile District Employment Offices have been transformed as District Employment and Career Guidance Centers based on the Government Order issued on 30.07.2019.
Activities of the Department
- Registration and Renewal
- Sponsoring of candidates to public sector and private sector employers
- Career Guidance for job seekers and students
- Free coaching classes for competitive examinations through study circles
- Career talks in educational institutions.
- Job fair for private sector placements
- Implementation of Unemployment Assistance Scheme
- Collecting and compiling Employment Market Information
- Provides e-contents for the aspirants of competitive exams through virtual learning portal. https://tamilnaducareerservices.tn.gov.in
- Private Sector placement through Tamil Nadu private job portal www.tnprivatejobs.tn.gov.in
- Registration and guidance for skill training and overseas employment
- Entrepreneurship guidance to establish MSME/ Startup / Social Enterprise
Schemes for Public
Unemployment Assistance Scheme for Unemployed Youth
To mitigate the hardships faced by the Unemployed youth, who are without job for many years, the Unemployment assistance scheme was announced in G.O.Ms.No.72, Labour and Employment (Rs) Department. Dated: 25.08.2006. As per G.O.Ms no 19 Labour and Employment (R2) Dept. Dt:- 20.02.2017, the unemployment assistance amount was enhanced. The Un-Employment Allowance has been credited in to the beneficiaries Account quarterly through ECS for a continuous period of three years or till the beneficiary gets a job, whichever is earlier.
|S.No||Eligible Qualification||Stipend Amount|
|01||SSLC Failed||Rs.200/- per month|
|02||SSLC passed||Rs.300/- per month|
|03||HSC passed||Rs.400/- per month|
|04||Degree||Rs.600/- per month|
Conditions to avail Assistance
- Family income should not be more than Rs.72,000/- per annum
- The maximum age limit is 40 years for others and 45 years for SC/ST
- The Registrants should have registered with employment Office for a continuous period of five years or more
- Professional Degree holders are not eligible.
Unemployment Assistance for Differently Abled
The Unemployment assistance is given to Differently Abled persons also. The Unemployment Assistance has been credited in to the beneficiaries Account through ECS for a maximum period of Ten Years or till the beneficiary gets a job, whichever is earlier.
|S.NO||Eligible Qualification||Stipend Amount|
|01||UP TO SSLC||Rs. 600/- per month|
|02||HSC||Rs.750/- per month|
|03||Degree||Rs.1000/- per month|
Conditions to avail Assistance
- The applicant should have been in the Live Register of the Employment Exchange for a period of not less than one year
- There is no upper age limit to avail this assistance for Differently Abled
- No parental income limit for Differently Abled.
How to avail ?
Eligible applicants can get application form from the District Employment and Career Guidance Centre or downloaded from www.tnvelaivaaippu.gov.in filled application along with necessary certificates should submitted to the District Employment and Career Guidance Centre
- A Study Circle has been functioned at District Employment and Career Guidance Centre, Ramanathapuram to creat awareness among the Unemployed youth to take up Competitive Examinations.
- Coaching Classes also conducted for various competitive Exams like TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB, IBPS, TNTET, TRB, etc.,
- More than 3000 books are maintained at this Office Library for various Competitive Examinations.
- Monthly Competitive Magazines and daily news papers are available for the use of Study Circle Students.
District Employment Officer,
District Employment and Career Guidance Centre,
“D” Block, Collectorate Post,
Ramanathapuram 623 503.
E.mail Id – deo[dot]rmd[at]tn[dot]gov[dot]in
Telephone No: 04567 – 230160