Social Welfare and Nutritional Meal Programme
The Social Welfare Department has ensured the welfare of the poor, the downtrodden Women, Children, Senior citizens and Third Gender . They have also been provided with innumerable opportunities to live a dignified life through the implementation of laws Protecting women, Senior citizens and executing beneficial schemes as follows.
- Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Ninaivu Marriage Assistance Scheme
- Dr. Dharmambal Ammaiyar Ninaivu Widow Remarriage Scheme
- E.V.R Maniyammaiyar Ninaivu Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme
- Annai Theresa Ninaivu Orphan Girls Marriage Scheme
- Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Ammaiyar Ninaivu Intercaste Marriage Scheme
- Chief Ministers Girl Child Protection Scheme.
- Sathyavanimuthu Ammaiyar Ninaivu Free supply of Sewing Machine Scheme.
- Third Gender Welfare Scheme.
Details and Eligibility Condition to get the benefits of the above schemes – Download
Implementation of Acts & Laws
- Dowry Prohibition Act 1961
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005.
- The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006.
- Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens Act 2007.
- Protection of Women from Sexual Harassment at work Place Act 2013.
- Tamilnadu Hostels and Homes for women and children (Regulation ) Act 2014 and Rules 2015
Officer to be contacted:-
District Social Welfare Officer,
DSWO, Collectorate, Ramanathapuram – 623503
Extension Officer(SW) and
Rural Welfare Officer(All Block Office)